Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Banana Mango Smoothie Recipe

This recipe makes a delicious breakfast smoothie, or you can pour it into Popsicle molds and freeze them to make a healthy frozen treat!

 


I have been exploring paleo foods lately in a search for relief from my digestive woes. I came across a recipe similar to this one and tweaked it a little to suit my preferences. This sugar-free, dairy-free treat will fit in with your paleo diet, gluten free diet, real food (traditional; WAPF) diet, or just about any eating plan you follow.

What you will need:
  • Mango
  • Banana
  • Coconut milk
  • Lemon juice
  • Almond butter
  • Egg (optional)
Make it:
  • To make 2 servings (warning: it tastes really good - you might want to drink both servings yourself in one sitting!) I used one whole fresh mango and one banana. I cut these up the night before and put them in the freezer because I like my smoothies to be nice and frosty. You can do this or you can leave them unfrozen.
  • Combine the mango, banana, about a tablespoon of lemon juice (I didn't measure it - smoothies don't need exact amounts), a blob of almond butter (about 1/4 cup), and a cup or so of full fat coconut milk (I made this the day before, too - Here's how), and the egg if you are using it. 
  • Blend until smooth.
  • Pour into a glass and enjoy! Share some with someone else, drink it all yourself, or freeze the leftovers for a Popsicle later. Yummy!
What is your favorite smoothie? Leave a comment and let me know!

    No comments: