This quiche-style pie is my favorite. I have seen a few variations of this recipe online, but this is the one I like the best. It is wonderfully rich and is delicious for dinner or brunch.
I Don’t Want Earl’s Baby Pie
4 Tbs butter
3 slices ham
8 green onions
1 cup brie or other creamy cheese (I used creamy Havarti)
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cup cream**
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
*If you are on the GAPS diet use a grain free crust or make a crustless quiche
** If you are on the GAPS diet use sour cream instead
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover pie crust with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove crust and reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Julienne ham and chop green onions.
- In skillet, saute ham until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Saute onion until tender. Remove with slotted spoon and sprinkle on the bottom of the pie crust with the ha
- Sprinkle the cheeses over ham mixture.
- Combine eggs, cream and nutmeg; pour over cheese.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until set. (will be a little brown on top)
Cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.
Makes 8 servings