|Stir-fried kale & bacon|
Why am I eating greens for breakfast?
Starting January first (a very good place to start, right?) I embarked on a paleo diet in hopes of:
1) losing at least a portion of the spare tire around my middle,
2) finding out if I am eating anything that is causing me to have an allergic reaction like poor digestion, joint pain, etc., and
3) clearing up my skin - I have been battling rosacea for almost a year and I also have a lot of brown splotches on my face (and the rest of my body for that matter...).
After almost two weeks of eating this way I am starting to really get the hang of it and enjoy eating this way.
My diet plan includes NO
- legumes (beans, peanuts, etc.)
- sugar or other sweeteners
- nightshades (common allergens; tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, etc.)
- eggs (common allergen)
Here are some more paleo breakfasts that I have enjoyed:
- fish stir-fried with an assortment of vegetables (you could use meat instead of fish, too)
- sliced banana or berries with coconut milk and toasted coconut - very yummy!
- dinner leftovers (this chicken stew made an especially good breakfast the next day)
Are you on or have you tried a paleo diet? What was your favorite breakfast?
|Bengal Spice Tea|