... with three stops....
You know you have OCD when it takes you 3 days to pack! Seriously, I think I have a problem!
I recently signed up with Dressing Your Truth where I learned what my beauty style is. Not only do you learn the best colors and types of clothing to wear, it is something of a personality assessment. As a Type 2, I discovered that I am very detailed. And, in my case, that causes me to take forever to pack for a trip - especially a 9-day trip in which we will be changing planes 3 times (UGGG! Who chose this itinerary!?!).
I don't want to haul a large carry-on bag from flight to flight that many times (possibly running through the airport to make the connection!) so I am planning to check my bag. But I don't want to get caught spending a night at an unexpected stop somewhere without vital toiletries and at least something to sleep in, if not a change of clothes. Sooooo - I have a rather large purse that I bought specifically for this trip (in a suitable Type 2 muted color!) and I have packed everything in it that I think I might need in a pinch.
Here is what I have in this wonderfully spacious bag:
- my makeup case plus a bottle of moisturizer and my powder which don't fit in the case
- a large t-shirt and extra undies - for sleeping in if my other clothes (ie: my checked bag) is not with me
- a mirror (for putting on aforementioned makeup)
- Emergency 'medical' supplies: contact case and solution, assorted medications such as allergy pills, aspirin, cough drops, etc. (in the red checked bag)
- reading glasses
- my wallet with cash, credit cards, etc.
- my camera
- Rx eyeglasses
- lipstick, lip balm, lip liner, compact with mirror
- hand sanitizer and wet wipes
- my Nook (smaller than a book! - more versatile, too!)
- my phone (not in there now, but will be when I leave) ...should I try to cram my charger in there?
- my passport
- a pen(hmmm - do I need paper, too?)
So, if you are looking for suggestions on what to pack, this should cover it. Did I forget anything? Let me know in the comments!
Now that that is done, I need to stop procrastinating and get back to packing my other bag...