Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ragdoll Kitties


Quite by accident I have discovered a breed of cat that I don't think I can live without! lol! I went to the dentist the other day, and the hygienist had pictures of cats on the wall. She explained that she had four-legged children instead of two-legged ones and these were her two children. They were Ragdoll cats, she told me. I had never heard of them before, but one of them was so beautiful and its fur looked so soft! I did a little research later that day and read about them. From what I read, it seems that they are just about the perfect cat... they get very large (I love big cats!), their fur is very soft, they don't jump up on things a lot (I hate that!), and they are gentle and friendly. One site said that they act like puppies. I stumbled on a breeder's website and it just so happens that they are located about 30 miles from our home.

Of course, my son is all for getting a cat. He has been trying to get us to get one since we moved here; he loves cats. I thought my husband would flip out when I mentioned it, because we have been saying for a while "no more pets". But guess what he said? "OK!" oh, dear! When he got home he said, "Where's my kitty?" So, I guess we are considering getting a cat!

No comments: