Friday, October 12, 2012

Type 2 But Not Into a Lot of Accessories?

In a Dressing Your Truth video chat yesterday (Oct. 11) Carol Tuttle told one member that she was a type 4 instead of the T2 that the member - I think her name was Amy - thought she was. This was partly based on her lack of accessories. Amy was at home with 3 children and had on a simple shirt - like a t-shirt. I keep thinking that I don't wear accessories when I am at home, either, and my kids are grown - I certainly didn't when I had small kids climbing all over me.

If I understand correctly, Carol equates a lack of accessories as a sign of being a Type 4. So I have been questioning my certainty that I am a T2.

Apart from physical features, such as down turned  eyes and mouth, I believe I am a T2 because:
  • I am a list maker. I have so many lists I can't keep up with them
  • I NEED a plan. Without a plan I am lost (and I hate when the plan changes)
  • I have always been detail minded
  • In school I was constantly being told to "speak up"
  • I am a slow and methodical worker

In my mind, I am less of a Type 4 than any other type. For one thing, I have never been sure of anything in my life! Well, not many things, anyway... I am not bold and striking.

I love the idea of accessories, but they usually seem to bother me. I need to be COMFORTABLE! I stay at home now, but even when I was working and wore bracelets and things to work (office work) the bracelets often came off before the end of the day. Some women take their bra off as soon as they get home - I take off my jewelry (and scarves, etc.)!

Are there any other T2s that can relate to this? Please tell me your feelings on it so I can understand!

Update:

After stressing and doing a lot more reading and researching, I dressed as a T4 today to post on the Dressing Your Truth forum for feedback. I got my first feedback from my husband when I asked him to take my picture. He said, "I don't know what you did, but you really highlighted all of your wrinkles!" He was right - when I saw my picture I realized I looked a LOT older - tired and washed out, too. That answered the question for me more readily than all that reading did! So, if you are wondering where you fit in, try a Type on and see how it feels!


Let me know what you think of my T4 look!


No comments: