Saturday, September 18, 2010

Consignment and Thrift Store Shopping is Cool!

I recently saw an article talking about movie star Drew Barrymore attending a gala event in a dress that she bought for $25. at a thrift shop! That is pretty amazing when she can afford any designer dress she wants!

I have a theory that not only is there a definite trend toward a more frugal way of living, but there is also a new appreciation of all things vintage and old style. Drew's choice of dress supports both of these ideas.

Do you shop at consignment or thrift shops? If you never have, or have found it too overwhelming, find some tips at Frugal Living Now on how to make the most of your resale shopping trip. Give it a try and don't be surprised if you come home with some wonderful bargains!

2 comments:

Thaydra said...

I absolutely love shopping thrift stores. I find the most amazing things there, for incredibly cheap prices! And it's fantastic for those of us who like to repurpose items. Even my ten-year-old daughter prefers to shop at the Goodwill over department stores. That's a bonus for me, as they grow so fast it hurts to spend too much for an outfit!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I saw this online! I love Drew! I am also a fan of thrift store shopping. I find the most amazing quality pieces at the local Salvation Army store that fit perfectly! The other benefit to saving money is that it is a green way to shop for clothing, rather than purchasing new.