Welcome to our weekly series on Holly&Sage. Each week we feature a different artist or artisan of handmade items. If you would like to be featured, see Would You Like to be a Featured Artist? for details.
Today we are talking with Christina of Natural Indulgence Bath & Body.
1. What is your first name and where are you from?
- Christina, from California
2. What type of art or craft do you create and how did you get started with it?
- I'm not sure it counts as an art. :-) I create handcrafted, all natural, vegan, spa quality bath and body products, under the label "Natural Indulgence".
3. Where do you market your products? How long have you been selling your work?
- I sell my products on HyenaCart, and through a local spa. I also trade them on SwapMamas!
4. What is your dream for your products or artwork? Is it a mainly a hobby, or a main source of income (or would you like for it to become a main source of income)?
- At the moment, it's more of a hobby, but I'd like to work from home and have it be a supplemental income for my family.
5. How are your items different from the next guy’s? What is unique about your work?
- My products are always all natural, vegan, and organic where possible. They don't contain any ingredients known to be harmful (many spa products do - check your labels, folks!). I only use essential oils, not fragrance oils, so there are always added benefits - emotional and physical!
6. What is your favorite subject matter/medium/material (whichever applies to your art form)?
- Right now I'm working on creating both a body butter and an aftershave... so I guess you could say whatever I'm developing is my favorite!
7. What is your favorite part of creating and selling your products or artwork? The part you like the least?
- Developing and testing something new is my favorite part. Least?... Hm. Labeling. Ensuring that my labels meet federal guidelines, actually printing and cutting and applying... I have to deal with it, but it's just a chore.
8. Tell us a little bit about your family and how they feel about your business or your artwork.
- My husband and I have one child, who is just over a year. My husband's take on it is, "Just make sure you make as much as you spend." He likes to try the new products, though :-) My son loves to smell the new scents, and he tries out baby bath products for me!
Christina, thank you for taking the time for this interview! We wish you all the greatest success.
If you’d like to learn more about Christina, visit her shop, Natural Indulgence or her Facebook page.